My Healthy Lifestyle Center
Ten Lifestyle and Cosmetic Benefits to Quitting Smoking
If you're a smoker, quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for your health. The health benefits to quitting are well documented. As soon as you quit smoking your body will begin to repair itself. Your blood pressure will decrease, your body's temperature will increase, the carbon monoxide in your blood will begin drop, you'll experience a better lung capacity, your sense of smell and taste will improve, and your chance of a heart attack will decrease significantly. These are just some of the health benefits that your body experiences immediately after you quit smoking. What are some of the lifestyle and cosmetic benefits to quitting smoking? Here are ten benefits that will make you want to kick the smoking habit for food.
1) More money in your wallet. With the prices of cigarettes at their highest, and taxes going up all the time, you'll definitely feel the effect of quitting in your wallet. Think of all the things you'll be able to purchase with the money you currently spend on cigarettes. Sit down and do the math. How much do you spend on cigarettes each week? How much for a year? Make a list of all the things you could afford to do or buy if you quit smoking now.
2) More energy. Smoking drains a lot of your body's reserves. Quitting means your body will receive more of the oxygen that nicotine and smoke used to steal away. You'll feel more energized and less sluggish once you quit. You will feel stronger, and not have to worry about the damage you are doing to your body by smoking. You will be able to work out like you couldn't before. You can climb a set of stairs again without puffing!
3) Your complexion will improve. Smoking wreaks havoc on your skin, causing signs of premature aging and an all around bad texture. Quitting will help your skin's elasticity and texture improve significantly. No more yellow skin or wrinkles around your mouth!
4) Your house, car, and clothes will smell good again. Many lifelong smokers olfactory sense is suppressed by cigarettes, so they cannot smell just how bad cigarette smoke really smells. Cigarette smoke clings to fabrics, causing an unpleasant odor. When you quit smoking, you no longer have to worry about the smell of your personal items or environment.
5) Cigarette stains on your teeth will begin to fade. Cigarettes are notorious for yellowing teeth. Once you quit, the stains will begin to fade.
6) Your sense of smell and taste will improve. Cigarette's suppress your sense of smell and taste. When you quit smoking, food begins to taste better. You will be able to smell the roses again!
7) No more anxiety or guilt. With so many warnings directed at smokers, it's very easy to develop a sense of anxiety and guilt over being a smoker. When you quit smoking, you no longer have to feel anxious about the damage you are doing to your body. And you no longer feel the guilt for exposing family or friends to second-hand smoke.
8) You don't have to worry about going to non-smoking venues anymore. With so many anti-smoking measures enacted in cities across the country, it can be easy to feel unwelcome at many restaurants, clubs, and other non-smoking venues. When you quit smoking, you can go anywhere and do anything without having to worry about ducking out to smoke.
9) Your diet will probably improve. One major lifestyle benefit of quitting smoking is that it will probably improve your diet. Most smokers use cigarettes as a substitute for food at one time or another. When you quit smoking, you will no longer wreak havoc on your body by smoking in place of a well-balanced meal. And you will be able to taste your food better than before!
10) Quitting will give you a sense of pride unrivalled by almost anything else you will do for your health. Quitting smoking is like running a marathon successfully. You can take pride that you accomplished perhaps one of the most difficult things you will ever do in you life. You will feel like a champ, and this sense of strength and pride will probably affect all other aspects of your life.
A Seven Step Guide To A Healthy Lifestyle
Circuit Training For Seniors Finding The Right Gym For Your Lifestyle
Finance And Lifestyle Are They Interlinked
Ideas For Adding Some Variety To Your Vegetarian Lifestyle
Towards A Wellrounded Lifestyle Defining Chinese Medicine
Yoga For Modern City Life Yoga Is Now A Lifestyle
|© 2008 My Healthy Lifestyle Center|